An Experienced Family Law Advocate
Family law is a complex legal practice area involving many overlapping topics, including but not limited to divorce. Matt Brimley has been practicing as a lawyer for more than 20 years. Contact us at BRIMLEY FAMILY LAW, LLC in Provo, Utah to schedule a consultation about any of the following issues:
- The divorce process: We strive to effectively respond to clients’ questions about what to expect in their divorce cases.
- Divorce mediation: Mediation is an effective means of achieving a settlement in some cases. We can discuss your options.
- Same-sex divorce: Matt Brimley will offer the very best representation regardless of sexual orientation.
- Property and debt division: We assist clients with the division of assets and debts under Utah community property law.
- Spousal maintenance / alimony: We will evaluate your divorce case to determine whether one spouse may be entitled to alimony.
- Child Custody (legal decision-making) and visitation: We will advocate for your preferred division of parenting time, as well as other parental rights and responsibilities.
- Grandparents’ rights: Grandparents have certain rights when it comes to custody of and visitation with their grandchildren.
- Relocation with children: If you want to move out of state with your child, you may need approval from the family court.
- Child support: We are experienced with the investigation, calculation and establishment of child support obligations.
- Protective orders and domestic violence: We represent people who have been abused and people accused of domestic abuse.
- Modification and enforcement of orders: We assist clients with modification and enforcement of child custody and support decrees.
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements: We represent clients who are interested in drafting marital property agreements.
- Paternity: If your child was born out of wedlock, a paternity action may be necessary to establish child custody and support.
- Legal separation: If you are interested in separating without divorcing, we can counsel you on your options.
- Interstate family law cases: Modifying and enforcing family law judgments across state lines may require special attention.
- Cohabitant property division: When a relationship outside of marriage comes to an end, the parties may have rights to property under Utah partnership law.
- Stepparent visitation: In some cases and under certain circumstances visitation may be awarded to a non-biological parent.
If you are looking for an experienced family law attorney who will give personal attention to your case, don’t hesitate to contact us.